Re: [Newbie] Problems compiling ascii pfiles

From: Del (caminturn@earthlink.net)
Date: 05/20/00

> ObCircle:
>         One of the things I see on alot of muds is that things like
> dragons, hyrda (hydrii?), manticore, even crabs, all have the same
> attack type - usually bite or slash.  It looks very odd to me, to have a
> dragon who really should have at least 2 claw attacks and a bite (+ plus a
> possible tail attack?) or a crab who hasn't got the ability to bite at
> all, or a hydra who has 5 different bites, to all have one single use
> atttack.
>
>         I brought this uSomeone was talking to me the other day about
> 'limb based' systems, but I haven't been able to get ahold of them to
> discuss it further.  Apparently on their system, all characters (mobs and
> pcs) have this limb based setup and can perform different attacks with
> different body parts; horns on the head, to 3 extra heads!  I was
> wondering if anyone out there had any idea how to go about this, or even
> if this has already been done.

For one, multi attacks could be used specifically for those mobs with
more
than one head. etc..

As for limb based attack, that could be handled in spec procs/skills?
Like bash, spells, etc.. spec proc to cast (blow fire), whip with tail,
etc.
(dg scripts would probably help with that too)

I am sure you get the idea.