Re: iedit 0.2 patch

From: Damian Jurzysta (
Date: 05/20/00

Hello Patrick.

On 20-Maj-00, you wrote:

PD>        Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.  Your gdb trace
PD> was not very helpful - it points to the fact that you either don't have
PD> debugging functionality in your compiler, that it was not compiled with
PD> this functionality, or that there was some sort of severe stack smashing
PD> going on - any of which could be true, and none of which help.

it is more simple than that: it was me being a dumbass. here is the *correct*

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x8808c in copy_object ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x8808c in copy_object ()
#1  0xad630 in do_iedit ()
#2  0x96fac in command_interpreter ()
#3  0x59068 in game_loop ()
#4  0x5826c in init_game ()
#5  0x57d88 in main ()

I use the Bpl16-Dg17a-Oasis2.0.tar.gz archive, which I patched to bpl 17.
I downloaded the oasis 2.0.1pre3 archive and added all 2.0.1 changes I could
find, other than that I have no idea what to do. neither dg-scripts nor
anything else I have changes copy_object, in fact; it is identical to the
original one. maybe you could download that archive and see if the same error

     | Ensure that you have read the CircleMUD Mailing List FAQ:  |
     |  |

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : 04/10/01 PDT