Re: Newbie: Trouble Making Makefile Under windows 98 withCygwin

From: Paul Tidwell (FateDestroyer@aol.com)
Date: 05/25/00

I've Tried all these rescources and i've still had no help from any of them.
When I try the directions to compile with cygwin on
http://shirak.circlemud.net right when i type ./configure it tells me, no
such file or directory, plus The older versions of cygwin blow up at me and
make an extreamly annoying beep whenever I try to type something after and
attempted paste, and paste doesn't work at all (Btw, does anyone know how to
turn off that beeping sound forever?)  let me try to re describe the problem.

I have downloaded Circlemudbpl17, and I have extracted it, I started to work
on the code, after mounting my cygwin, in ms dos, and yes i used ms dos and
not cygwin. I got it all working fine, at first it told me to run configure,
I tried typing, run configure, no command, I don't know bash at all, so I
followed a few other suggestions I.e. ./configure like that listed on the
page. And it returned the following

BASH.EXE-2.02$ ./configure
BASH.EXE: ./configure: No such file or directory
so I did, sh configure, like suggested in the help file, It loaded EVERYTHING
and go to the very end and when it tried to save the makefile it told me this

updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
configure: /bin/sh: No such file or directory
so I tried going in my C:/circle30bpl17/bin directory and making /sh, And
tried again, this time it went a ton faster because the information was
cached, and it still returned

updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
configure: /bin/sh: No such file or directory
so I tried making a sh folder inside everything and anything in circlemud,
which didn't work, following that i made a bin and then a sub folder of sh
inside everything and I got a SLIGHTLY different message

creating ./config.status
configure: /bin/sh: No such file or directory
now i'm totally lost and have not one clue what to do or where to make the
directory, your help is needed..

p.s. yes I know, my spelling sucks.