Re: Levels, Saving Throws

From: Tony Robbins (robbinsw@ucs.orst.edu)
Date: 07/04/00

----- Original Message -----
From: "Torgny Bjers" <tb@sbbs.se>
To: <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2000 9:46 AM
Subject: [CIRCLE] Levels, Saving Throws

> Hello,
>
>   Server: CircleMUD 3.0, bpl 17
>       OS: Windows NT 4.0 Server
> Hardware: Dell Precision 210 Workstation, Dual Processor
> Compiler: Microsoft Developer Studio 97, C++ 5.0

I like how you put this information right away.  Might add a `relevant mods'
section with if you've added OasisOLC, XapObjs, or stuff like that, and what
you've done recently.

>    I have changed the number of levels from the standard 34 to 99 mortal
> levels and imms at 100+ and impl as 105.  I also changed the defines, and
> made sure the thac0 was ok.  So far so good, it seems to work as well, but
> need to know exactly what to change...
>    Do I need to change Saving Throws from the present 40 to 105 or
> something?  Is there anything else that I need to change?

There's a WTFAQ (Way Too Frequently Asked Questions) done by Brandon Brown,
and it's located somewhere handy (probably no more than three clicks if you
go to developer.circlemud.org).  I'm _relatively sure_ that it talks about
levels there, but there are a number of places that talk about adding
levels.  You might look in the contrib/code directory on Cambot (Servo ?)
and check out the exp_formula setup.  Makes it so all the stats are based on
formulas, so it's easier to tweak, albeit less directly accurate.

Uhm, that's about all I can say about that.

-k (who started working for a semiconductor plant and now gets up at the
ungodly hour of 5 AM!).