Re: Warning: Newbie Question....

From: Dana Luther (dtluther@mindspring.com)
Date: 07/10/00

>    Thanks!
>    I do know how to code, i just tough there could be a faster way than
>patching by hand that olc..... its really a hard work...
>    Anyway, i will look at the archives to see if i can find something.
>    Thanks again!
>
>    Logan Blackfire

>From: Patrick Dughi <dughi@IMAXX.NET>

---snip---
>>         You should also probably check out the 'how to patch by hand'
>> walkthrough located somewhere - i think - on developer.circlemud.org.
>> Of course, that does assume you know how to code; if you cannot code you
>> should not be patching, or altering your code to any great extent.

I haven't checked it out yet, but I belive someone put up a win98 version
of the patch utility to the ftp site not long ago. You should check there
if you don't like patching by hand. (Although patching by hand is
better in my book, becaues it lets you figure out exactly what changes
were made where and why).