Re: pfile problem

From: Fizal (amustapa@gamebox.net)
Date: 07/16/00

At 01:25 PM +0000 15/7/2000, Sharon Stanton wrote:
>(*(bits + i) = LOWER(*(GET_NAME(ch) + i))); i++);
>that is the line the debugger tell me there a problem with

Like Chris Gilbert said, this is not a stock code. But somehow it reminds
me of an attempt to make the player's name all in small letters. Is this
supposed to be part of a for loop by any chance??

>SYSERR: NULL pointer or empty string passed to get_filename(), 00000000 or
>007AD4D8.

Based on the message, a NULL pointer is being used as an argument for the
get_filename(). Well, that is stating the obvious.... However, based on the
actually function itself:

int get_filename(char *orig_name, char *filename, int mode)
{
  char *prefix, *suffix;
  char name[64], *ptr;

  if (orig_name == NULL || *orig_name == '\0' || filename == NULL) {
    log("SYSERR: NULL pointer or empty string passed to get_filename(), %p
or %p.", orig_name, filename);
    return (0);
  }

Seems like somewhere, a code is calling get_filename(), and instead of
passing in the player's name, it's passing in NULL. Since you mentioned
that it crashes when you tried to log in, check in Crash_load() in
objsave.c file. Make sure that it actually pass in the player's name when
calling get_filename().

---

Afizal Mustapa
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.