Re: [CODE][NEWBIE] BPL 17 Bundle posted by Del

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 07/24/00

> mud crashes after I have created the first char, saved, quit, and then when
> I login again I get the following syserr:
>
> Jul 24 18:40:30 :: SYSERR: Couldn't open alias file 'rgny.sbbs.se] has
> connected. ]' for (null).
> SYSERR: read_aliases: Invalid argument
> Jul 24 18:40:30 :: SYSERR: NULL pointer or empty string passed to
> get_filename(), 00000000 or 0012D908.
>
> It seems that it gets something wrong here, dunno where... Can anyone help
> me out?

        Well, first, it says your name is (null).  That's a good hint
right there.  It seems like the problem is potentially involved.  If I
were you, I would start by inserting logging messages to trace the path
that your characters name goes through; especially the player load
functions, to find where the breakdown is.

                                                        PjD