Re: dg scripts and bpl17

From: Jason Beeland (jbeeland@bellsouth.net)
Date: 07/27/00

-excerpt-
> The general note of the past few messages to the
> list is that people are expecting to receive
> a product out of CircleMUD.  But, IMHO, and from
> what I've seen, CircleMUD is _NOT_ a product MUD.
> It is a base for putting together the kind of
> product you want to create.

> -Tony

I have done tons and tons of mods to my MUD, including
a full clan system, etc, all original code.  However
I don't really see the point in re-inventing the wheel
if there is already a really great (and dg scripts from
everything ive seen really rocks) add on in circulation.
I looked at the bpl7 + oasis 1.5 patch and since i'm not
hyper-familiar with both oasis 1.5 and oasis 2.0 it
looks a little deep for me to seperate, modify and then
patch in by hand.  I absolutely agree that circle really
isn't a "product mud" but rather a "clean slate" really
to build your own product.  However in some arena, such
as olc, finer coding minds than mine have already
produced what looks to me like marvelous solutions to
a fairly standard need.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Jason Beeland