[NEWBIE (i think)] Problem with Chess.patch

From: Brian Beffa (MortalCity@aol.com)
Date: 07/27/00

I dont understand why this is happening, because it used to run fine utill I
recompiled it today.  I dont like chess but it is still a wonderful snippet.
This error comes up:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/free/brian/muck/oasis20-bpl17/src'
gcc -o ../bin/circle  act.comm.o act.informative.o act.item.o act.movement.o
act
.offensive.o act.other.o act.social.o act.wizard.o alias.o auction.o ban.o
board
s.o castle.o chess.o class.o comm.o config.o constants.o db.o fight.o
genmob.o g
enobj.o genolc.o genshp.o genwld.o genzon.o graph.o handler.o house.o
improved-e
dit.o interpreter.o limits.o magic.o mail.o medit.o mobact.o modify.o oasis.o
ob
jsave.o oedit.o olc.o random.o redit.o sedit.o shop.o spec_assign.o
spec_procs.o
 spell_parser.o spells.o tedit.o utils.o weather.o zedit.o -lcrypt
spec_procs.o: In function `chessboard':
/home/free/brian/muck/oasis20-bpl17/src/spec_procs.c:772: undefined reference
 `chess_rules'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../bin/circle] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/free/brian/muck/oasis20-bpl17/src'
make: *** [circle] Error 2
mudprovider:~/muck/oasis20-bpl17/src$

I have a file called chess_rules in my lib/text directory and it was working
fine earlier even without it. I think it might not be working because because
it doesnt recognize the file in another dir, but i dont know.

thanks brian