Re: DG Scripts

From: Torgny Bjers (tb@sbbs.se)
Date: 07/30/00

Peter Ajamian wrote:
>Torgny Bjers wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Wanted: DG world trigger for MUDTIME
>>
>> Does anyone out there have a world trigger for mudtime / ticks that fire
>> whenever a new hour (even minute perhaps) is begun in the mud?
>
>Well, the random trigger fires approx. every 13 seconds.  You can use
>that along with a global variable to count the number of times it's
>fired and set the narg to 100 (so it always fires).  Then every Nth time
>it fires you can do something usefull with it.
>
>Regards, Peter

Hello Peter,

There's one slight problem.  How can I target a player with a random
trigger?  It doesn't have any variables that can target players, has it?  Or
if it does, please explain how I would write a script that somehow loops
through ALL the characters in a specific room and then use like REWARD on
them or something like that.

I know it'd be easier to code it in raw into the spec_procs but I just want
to get on the road here with DG Scripts and learn some more advanced coding
with it to explore a little. :)

If not, perhaps someone has a custom trigger that works, like the mudtime
trigger that obviously is in the not-yet-released pl8 of DG Scripts (will it
ever be released?).

I am pretty sure though, that it's not possible to find all the players in a
room with the random trigger, just the first player, I think... ???

Kind Regards,
Torgny Bjers