Re: Advance and Set level Prob + one other

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 08/14/00

> This is an error I got, i didnt find errors in it, obviously.
>
> SYSERR: Mob using '((((ch)))->player_specials->saved.pref)' at mobact.c:74.
>
> I checked out that line and it looked fine.

        According to the code, you're using the macro "CAN_GET_OBJ", which
by-the-by calls CAN_SEE_OBJ, which eventually checks for holylight which
is in the character saved prefs.  Of course, in my copy of the latest
build, it checks to see "(!IS_NPC(ch) && PRF_FLAGGED(ch,PRF_HOLYLIGHT)..."
If yours is not like that, you may want to fix it by comparing it to a
fresh copy.  The CAN_SEE and CAN_GET_OBJ macros are difficult to follow,
but somewhere in there, you're accessing a PRF_FLAGS() without checking to
see if the character is a mob or not.

> And when I set then advance or advance then set someone a level, the mud
> crashes sometimes and the chars level is set to -74.  Does anyone know where
> to find a patch for this?

        I would bet that there isn't a patch for this because you were the
one that caused it.  Advance works exactly as intented, until you do
something like screw up the experience point table, or add levels without
changing/adding/removing all the important things.  If you've changed the
number of levels to some high number, make sure that you have enough space
in your level variable to store it.  Also make sure that you redid all the
tables and whatnot.

                                                PjD