Re: [BUILDING]

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 08/22/00

        Okay, looks like either today or tomorrow, I'll have something out
which reads a lib directory and lets you edit the rooms.  Still learning
MFC, and trying to stick to C++ instead of straight C.  Looks like I may
bail on that idea though, just to get something done.

        I may kill myself first, but we'll see.

        So, I have a few coments to make - the first is to you MFC guru's
out there, and yes, really, I've looked for the answer.  Okay, I decided
to use a tabbed sort of form, to more easily switch between the different
editor forms.  It's also easier because I don't have to deal with the
alternative, which would be multiple modeless documents floating around
all having to sync with eachother.  It's ended up looking something like
this:

        http://www.imaxx.net/~dughi/other/cbreak/sc4.jpg

        As you can tell, I used the CPropertySheet object in conjunction
with 4 CPropertyPages, and even managed to disable the "help" button.  Of
course, I really don't want the buttons there at all, which means that I
don't really want to use CPropertySheet as my parent.  So, what do I use?
How do I make it go? :)  I'm sure I'm not missing any creation flags, and
I don't see any other tabbed-sheet like 'things' out there (-ex doesn't
count).

        (for the rest of you too)
        Or, does that look really crappy, and it should be just a menu
choice and I should load/unload the form I want on the screen at one time?
I want to throw this together, and throw it out there asap, so this will
be more for... well.. the future, but I'm curious now.

        Anyone come up with a better look/feel/useability?

        Also, in regards to the above comment about C vs C++, if I write
parts of this up using structs where objects could potentially serve,
would anyone be interested in converting to a more class oriented manner?

                                                PjD