Re: [NEWBIE] Access violation and stack trace errors

From: Kieran S. (reaperks@optonline.net)
Date: 08/28/00

        I believe you have to pass the address of the variables on to sscanf, as
opposed to the variables themselves. Try replacing
        if(sscanf(buf, "%d %d %d", balance, owe, due) != 3)
with
        if(sscanf(buf, "%d %d %d", &balance, &owe, &due) != 3).

Hope this helps. If not, I'd also suggest looking for a book on C or even a
simple tutorial online. Even the most basic references usually have
explanations of sscanf and other file I/O functions.

        - Kieran