Re: Valid_name fix

From: Torgny Bjers (tb@sbbs.se)
Date: 09/07/00

At 01:20 2000-09-07 -0500, you wrote:
>The way I fixed the problem of Immortals going linkless and not being
>able to log back in was fairly straightforward.
>I went to comm.c and where searched for the linkless message. Then I
>put in a check that looked to see if the player was an immortal, if
>so, the game automagically rents them and removes their body.
>Simple, but effective:P
>
>-FIRE

I am a little unsure about all this with valid_name and other things and I
have some questions.

Does this immortal check happen before or after the person has entered the
correct password?  I.e. does it happen right when they enter their name, or
after they have also entered the correct password?

I experienced some problems with this when I tried to let linkless
immortals login after they had frozen in OLC or in the main menu, so I am
curious to how you solved it?

Kind regards,
/Torgny

 Torgny Bjers        tel: +46-(0)40-699 90 50
 System Manager      fax: +46-(0)40-699 91 10
 SBBS AB             gsm: +46-(0)70-478 70 50
 211 21 Malmö, Sweden     http://www.sbbs.se/