Re: Checking Memory...

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 09/25/00

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Deja Augustine wrote:

>In a message dated 9/25/00 5:42:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
>zeavon@kilnar.com writes:
>
>> free() does not set a pointer to NULL,
>
>Bah, as soon as I read that line I smacked myself really hard.   I completely
>forgot that it doesn't clear the pointer.

You could make free() a macro that does so, however it won't fix anything
but local function accesses.

>Thank you!  (BTW, the developers of OasisOLC may want to keep that in mind,
>since it's in THAT code that this is happening.)

sedit was a pile of code poo I never really tested all that much.  All of
the other editors were tested.  That's also the reason I've been queuing up
all the interesting information people have been posting on it until I have
free time.  Free time is looking like Thanksgiving/Fall break at the
moment.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org