[Races/classes]

From: RJ Bean (naeis@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/04/00

   I've been working on making it so that the classes available to a
character upon creation is dependent on which race the character chooses...
I've debugged my way through the race section and races come out fine in the
end, however, when it comes to the class selection.  It sends_to_q the
correct class menu for the selected race, however, it automatically selects
class_undefined, doesn't loop back through and ask for the class again
(since its class_undefined) and just runs on into the MOTD...   The more I
look at the statements, the more it looks like it should work!  This is so
frustrating- been working on it for 3 or 4 days now...
  Made a switch statement in CON_QCLASS in nanny() in interpreter.c

switch (GET_RACE(d->character))
{
case RACE_HUMAN:
  SEND_TO_Q("\r\nClasses available to humans: ", d);
  SEND_TO_Q(class_menu_human, d);
  if ((GET_CLASS(d->character) = parse_class_human(*arg)) ==
CLASS_UNDEFINED) {
    SEND_TO_Q("\r\nThat's not a class.\r\nClass: ", d);
    return;
  }
break;
//the other case statements for the other races-

If you could offer any insight, it would be most appreciated by both myself
and my developers.   Thanks!
                Naeis of DaneuranMUD