Re: [ERROR] OLC

From: Shane P. Lee (tacodog21@yahoo.com)
Date: 11/26/00

-----Quoted Message------
-snip-
The only command in the editing i am able to use is
@  to exit

-snip-
it just prints the in the room description and this is the error that
shows in the logs
Nov 26 04:21:51 :: SYSERR: Reached REDIT_DESC case in parse_redit().

-snip-
------End Quote------

I'll need just a little more info before I can really help you with
this. First, what version of Oasis is this? I'm going to assume here
that it is 2.0, but 12 pre-releases (for version 2.0.1?) are also
available, so if you are using a re-release, please let us know.
Also, did you patch in OLC by hand, and possibly missed something? If
you did, try running through the patch again and checking for it.

I ran across a similar error when patching in hedit, so I have a pretty
good idea of what's going on here. The problem most likely lies in your
modify.c file, though I can't say for sure.
Just make sure you patched in the improved-editor correctly.

Y'ur Obt. Svt,
-FIRE