Identify with Stock

From: Surgeon (webremedies@home.com)
Date: 12/04/00

I recently attempted to try out my identify, was a spell I hadn't tried
out in a while, I run circle30bpl17, with some modifications.
Anyways, I replaced all IDENTIFY spell, with the stock ones found on
ftp.circlemud.org from decompressed files, to see if it would help out
with my problem *listed below* but it did not.

cast 'identify'
*WORKS*

cast 'identify' sword
Okay.   <- No luck, doesn't seem to find the object or something,
anyone experienced anything similiar?
dunno if cast 'identify' target works either, but chars seemed to work
fine so im guessing so, but objects thats a whole diff. story.

Any help is appreciated.
Surg