Re: grrrr.... MSVC++

From: Leonardo Herrera (leonardo.herrera@mercantil.com)
Date: 01/04/01

Mike Redick wrote:

> Ok... this code compiles and runs fine on whatever compiler my Solaris
> account has at school. But when I try it on Microsoft's compiler at home
> I get a bunch of linking errors. I could just do all the work at school
> but they have wierd rules about who owns the code developed on their
> systems so wanna do it at home... not sure if I'm running into some
> portability issue or if it's just that microsoft sucks. ;) Any hints
> would probably be helpful...
[...]

First of all, CircleMUD is written in C, not C++. I believe that a truly
translation from C to C++ is not possible without modifying the internals;
so basically, is better to start a new mud from scratch according to OOP
paradigms. So, if you don't know enough to start a new mud, I would suggest
you to stay using C instead of C++.

The other possibility is that you are asking us to fix your homework or to
answer questions that have nothing to do with CircleMUD. Please, don't.

ObCircle:
Any hints about the steps following to remove the "beta" from CircleMUD?
Any strategies, ideas, rants?

Regards, and sorry for my english.
--
Leonardo Herrera