Re: Couple Problems

From: Lord Kyu (Sythrel@Adelphia.net)
Date: 01/25/01

William Jeanveau wrote:

> Not sure wether or not these are common or not,
> but I run circle30bpl17, first off when a char
> self-deletes, or I wipe the players file, object
> files are still left hanging around, meaning they
> log back in 5 months down the road they keep the
> same eq.

   Well, in interpreter.c I added the following, because what he has
mentioned here is a stock bug, but only in certain instances of
deletion.  This method below is already used in interpreter.c, but
doesn't cover all deleted characters, so, I added it in.

  if (PLR_FLAGGED(d->character, PLR_DELETED)) {
    /* We get a false positive from the original deleted character. */
+   Crash_delete_file(GET_NAME(d->character));
    free_char(d->character);
    /* Check for multiple creations... */

   I also mimicked this function for alias files, because I thought
those should be removed as well when a player is deleted.  Fairly easy,
and saved me a lot of time explaining why a player named "Bob" for
example kept getting "You don't seem to have a sack." when he typed "gos
<whatever>".

====

   Also, just as a note, I talked to a few people about the Oasis
problem I was having with the boards, and these people were having the
same problem.  It would appear that a simple case CON_PLAYING: added to
that list for cleanup works fine.  I make use a different check though,
since I have already had someone do a /a when they meant to do a /s and
their whole post got emptied.