Vehicles

From: Michael Gallagher (m_gally@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: 01/25/01

I've been trying to think of a good way to implement vehicles. What I want
are objects which people can walk into and drive arround, a vehicle will
have a certain ac and hp but and can be attacked and damaged, but will not
fight back. I want more than one player to be able to get in and i don't
want to use rooms to store those players as if more than one of any
particular vehicle is on the mud both sets of people inside will appear to
be in the same vehicle. I'm not worried about the damage or properties of
the vehicle, i have all that worked out. But I don't know what to do about
the placement of the player.

When a player walks into a room with a vehicle they should only see the
vehicle, they must look inside the vehicle to see the players inside and
they must not be able to select them in any way (get_char_vis). I don't
want people inside vehicles fighting people outside vehicles. I was
thinking of making it so players outside vehicles can't see players inside
vehicles (CAN_SEE), but then if two vehicles enter the same room it doesn't
work. I know i have to talk the player out of the world[].people list, but
where do i move them too? add a variable to the player
"struct obj_data *in_obj;"?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Subliminal