Re: Maintaining Patches (was re: Ascii Pfiles)

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 03/03/01

George Greer wrote:

> Project page hosting for c.n was one idea, where you'd have something
> like:
>         http://www.circlemud.net/asciipfiles/
> not sure how to do that one though.  A bunch of FTP-only accounts with
> .forward perhaps or just e-mail-us-a-tar-file, but we'll have to check with
> Jeremy. (For one, authenticated FTP is bad.)

Maybe set up a CVS repository and allowing users access to thier
individual projects in the repository.  You can include some type of www
access to that as well.  Use the latest CircleMUD bpl as one of the
vendor branches and it can be updated rather easily when the next bpl
comes out.  I'm sure a few custom scripts can automate the whole thing
and make it work well for the purposes you have in mind.

Regards, Peter