Re: Distribution pack?

From: Jason Beeland (jbeeland@bellsouth.net)
Date: 03/13/01

> Jumping into circle is tricky, and it can be hard to grasp. Show some damn
> compassion, as we're not all as skilled as you.  The mailing list is hardly
> the spammed stock-user playhouse you imagine it to be, and if it were only
> for people who knew the answer to their questions it'd be pretty quiet
> around here.

Dave, I've read several of your responces on this thread now, and you seem
to have a chip on your shoulder about this.  Perhaps you misunderstood some
spirit of this discussion.  Or perhaps I have.  The previous poeple who have
posted have been brining up points and opinions, and have expressly said
that
they are unsure of whether  this is detrimental or not.  That is the whole
reason for this thread.  Not to assume a certain viewpoint, but to discuss
the
sides of an issue, to perhaps allow the community as a whole to form an
opinion on this issue.  While you have addressed some of the thoughts the
other
users have poised, you have also made several personal attacks upon them.

Just because you feel that a certain level of technical ability should be
required
to engage in an activity, for the good of that community, doesn't make you a
compassionless elitist.  By the same token, just because you feel that it
should
be an activity open to any who wish to participate doesn't mean that you are
thoughtless as to the effect this has on the community as a whole.

Jason Beeland aka Veritus Silverun
"Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they AREN'T out to get you!"