Re: Im getting an error

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 06/02/01

Its Me Christian wrote:

> Ok, i have circle30bpl17 with OasisOLC and ASCII pfile with copyover

You got copyover working under Windows?  Please enlighten us as to how.

> act.wizard.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mother_desc
> act.wizard.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _port

mother_desc and port should both be in comm.c.  In stock CircleMUD they
are locals to a ceartain function, the copyover patch changes those to
globals, make sure they are still globals.

> I did not change anything in that time with act.wizard.c and i also
> tried deleteing all of what i had just done, like the coder and builder
> flags, but i still get this msg.

Always back up your working source before making any changes.  Better
yet, use a revision control system such as CVS.

Regards, Peter