[Circle] [Code] not for beginners..

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 06/07/01

        Well, despite a massive influx of real work, and real life, I
mananged to get some time in for some fake programming.  Er. Fun
programming.

        So, I finally fixed, and fixed again a couple of routines that,
when taken as a whole, will let you abstract your data collections in an
avl tree.  Right now, there's nothing exciting, just a set of demo
functions which show, generally, how to use it.

        Eventually, I'll put out a patch using this functionality to - as
I've said manymanymany times before - allow you to put most important
world data into this form (mob, zone, room, obj, etc).  Makes life easier
for insertion, removal, as well as being able to make an arbitrairy number
of arbitrailarly sized zones with little unnecessary overhead.

        For now, though, you guys can use it for whatever you need.

        If you don't know what an avl tree, you don't want to use it.

        If you're wondering why I wrote it, it's because all the good
libraries are licenced in such a way as to conflict with CircleMUD/DikuMUD
license.

        I only recently uploaded it, so wait a bit, and then look for
avl.tgz & README.avl that accompanies it.

                                        PjD