Re: NEWBIE: Some newbie questions.

From: Daniel A. Koepke (
Date: 06/20/01

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Daniel A. Koepke wrote:

> migrating the types of bitvectors to GNU/C99's unsigned long long[1]
> or the 128-bit patch from the FTP site or, if you're feeling
> particularly sharp, converting everything to bitfields, instead.

I forgot my footnote, duh.  I was going to add

  [1] See the archives from earlier this week and last week; someone
      posted fairly complete instructions on what you need to do.  Also,
      the 'unsigned long long' type is part of C99, but originates as a
      GCC extension, so if you're running a version of GCC older than
      3.0 which doesn't claim much of any C99 conformance, you probably
      still have the 'unsigned long long' type.  Unless, of course,
      you're running a really, really old version.

Operate on little sleep, costing through meetings, and this is what
happens to you, kiddies...

Daniel A. Koepke (dak),
Caveat emptor: I say what I mean and mean what I say.  Listen well.
Caveat venditor: Say what you mean, mean what you say.  Say it well.