Re: ChangeLog Entry: Saving MUD time

From: Daniel A. Koepke (
Date: 06/20/01

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, George Greer wrote:

> We don't want starting values of Year 0.  Well, I suppose someone
> might but I don't think it's all that interesting for most people.

Toss in a few starting_year constants or some such.  After we load the
time in (to say, a variable named epoch), we have something like

  | time_info = *mud_time_passed(time(0), epoch);
  + time_info.year += game_epoch.year;
  + time_info.month += game_epoch.month;
  + +=;
  + time_info.hours += game_epoch.hours;

where game_epoch is setup elsewhere.  Any detractions?

Daniel A. Koepke (dak),
Caveat emptor: I say what I mean and mean what I say.  Listen well.
Caveat venditor: Say what you mean, mean what you say.  Say it well.