Re: ChangeLog Entry: Saving MUD time

From: Robert Masten (
Date: 06/20/01

George Greer: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 16:02
> We don't want starting values of Year 0.  Well, I suppose someone might
> I don't think it's all that interesting for most people.

Couldn't this come down to a simple set of defines defining each part
day, year) instead of 650336715?

On a related note: I am toying with the idea of starting a mud at 0...
of human existance with players (cave people) wearing leather skins,
clubs, killing dinosaurs, etc, ... and progress through time 1000 or so
years at
a time until we zoom far into the future.  And adding a year or era flag to
certain objs, wld, zon, etc so they don't randomly load items and areas
for future use.  For this though I am going to have to be able to adjust
quickly and on the fly.  If I come up with anything beyond my normal
hack-a-crack coding style I'll upload it.