Re: 3 dimensional world arrays

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 06/27/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Masten" <RobertM@FOXRACING.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 12:53 PM

> basically do you think it is even worth it??? or could it be
> worth it?

I thought about it extensively quite a number of years ago.  I eventually
abandoned the idea because I was not convinced that it would make the game
more playable.  The problem with a coordinate system that I kept running into
was that it resulted in a lot of vanilla movement through areas that don't
have very interesting descriptions (You are in a forest).  In a text-based MUD
I couldn't come up with a good way to avoid this.

I had some ideas, but like I said, I decided in the end that the game was just
as playable with a room-based system.

Mike