Re: Circle30bpl17 Oasis, Ansii Pfiles,Hedi t / SYSERR: Unexpected end of help file.

From: Sammy (
Date: 06/30/01

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 23:09:11 -0700, Peter Ajamian wrote:

>Yep, that's a known issue with ascii pfiles (I really don't know what
>drove Sammy to take such an approach when he did that).  At any rate,
>ascii pfiles are not part of the stock CircleMUD distribution.  If you
>got a server with ascii pfiles pre-installed then I would suggest that
>what you downloaded is a contributed (read not official from CircleMUD)
>server.  I would recommend downloading the latest version (bpl18) of
>_stock_ CircleMUD and seeing if your problem is reproducable there.

Actually that's not a bug in the most recent version of ascii pfiles
(released back in January, I think).  I think Del's still using 2.0b
in his bundle, when 2.1 would be more appropriate.  In fact, my main
motivation for releasing 2.1 was that a *lot* of users of his original
bundle were having trouble with that.