Re: Poll: Where did you get your CircleMUD?

From: Michael Gallagher (m_gally@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/01/01

.
>I think the popularity of pre-patched stuff shows that we need to evolve
>the codebase.

I hate to bring up a topic which has been discussed before, but I've
never contributed to it before (except the poll on Ceramic Mouse bout
what people would want to add to stock). I personally have had problems
with pre-patched stuff but the beauty about CircleMUD is that it's a
codebase, it's not a final product like so many other types of MUDs.
What make CircleMUD MUDs so good is that they are all individual because
people have added things to them. I learned what I know about C from
playing with CircleMUD for a while (might as well take this occasion
to apologize for my early released code which was really buggy). I've
contributed a few things to the community (nothing noticed prolly),
but I personally think it should remain a codebase, I've made it my
hobby for the last two years to add new code and I still get that rush
of excitement when a new idea comes into my head and a few hours later
I see a finished product (working :)).

I hope I'm not just telling you what you already know
(and that the above paragraph made sense :))

-Subliminal
"I love watching kids jump and dance in the park,
....they don't realise I'm using blanks."