Re: Retirement

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 07/03/01

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Mysidia wrote:

>The bootup code shouldn't assume -1 either, currently it does,

I'm trying to get them all.  It takes time and sometimes I miss them.  Feel
free to point them all out if you know of any.

>but it does even worse than that -- it assumes that a 'rnum' can fit in
>the same place that a vnum does (the renum_world and renum_zone_table
>functions come to mind immediately as major perpetrators)

An 'rnum' should fit in the same space as a 'vnum' otherwise you have a
rather useless batch of real numbers.

>Heh, what a way to change the subject in the middle of a
>message... weird:>

A lot of that is historical and the patchlevel sizes aren't exactly small
already to go make sweeping changes.  People like to throw fits when we
make a lot of small changes too so I'm expecting another round of groans
shortly.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org