Re: do_set check

From: Welcor (welcor@dune.net)
Date: 07/12/01

From: "George Greer" <greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG>

> Moving from a bad situation to a good situation would be removing the
> 'file' flag completely.

imagine this:

A player named 'dragon' is offline.
The god is in the room with a green dragon. (could be in-game, too..)

>set dragon maxhit 500

Who does this target? Should the god use '0.dragon' to target the player?
As it is, set <name> <value>, will search the online players first, then
the mobs. How do we make sure that the god actually wanted to target the
offline player?

The issue arises, since 'set' works on mobs as well as players. A solution
would be to add a 'mob' flag instead of the 'file' flag:

>set mob dragon blah  (would target the green dragon)
vs.
>set dragon blah      (would target the offline player)

At least this solution would give consistent results when using set on
players, off- or online.

Welcor