Re: [OLC] Patching

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 07/26/01

> Whenever I try to patch OasisOLC, or any patch for that matter, on my
> server, it dosn't interpret the patch correctly. Here is what it does:
> can't find file to patch at input line 127 Perhaps you should have used
> the -p or --strip option?  The text leading up to this was:

        Good and bad news!

        You're probably doing it right, but on most HP systems (and some
sun ones for that matter) the 'patch' program is not our dearly beloved
gnu-patch.  Instead, it's the binary patch file for applying vendor
patches to the system.

        So, get a version of patch for your system that's the real patch,
and you should be okay.

                        PjD