Re: Pet Peeves.

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 07/30/01

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Alex wrote:

>>         Group experience gain needs to be altered to both encourage
>> grouping (though perhaps survival is encouragement enough) and at the same
>> time, discourage newbie-power-leveling by higher characters.
>one thing we did with this on VieMud works sortof as follows:
>
>when grouping, the xp is split by the total number of levels, each person
>in said group gets their level multiplied by this result.
>
>secondly, if all of the people in the group are coming in from different
>domains (we went for B classes... ie, '130.15.W.X' vs '223.47.Y.Z'), then
>everyone gets a 5% bonus on top of all of that.

Multi-play detraction or attempt to get people grouping outside their area?

>finally, rather than having a big bonus at the end of the fight, the xp is
>actually split by damage.

I've been fond of making the XP of the mob 0 at 0 HP, scaling linearly
downward from maximum HP/XP.  That's what your system does though I doubt
it would be changed currently without a bigger overhaul in the process.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org