Graphical MUDs

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 08/02/01

I admit it's not related to CircleMUD in the slightest but I remembered a
conversation about graphical MUDs recently.  Also of note is
http://www.worldforge.org/, though I'm not sure anything is immediately
usable in the fashion the general ZipMUD-er would desire.

On a complete tangent, those looking for a more C++-ish CircleMUD, or the
ability to do:

        ch->Send("You attempt to fold it into itself, but fail.\r\n");

should look at:

        http://avp.dhs.org/leximud/

Doesn't look like he found a good replacement for act() either. :)  He does
have a class-based version of my old buffer system.  I don't know how
active he is currently with it though.  Do not ask me questions about it
because I don't know anything more than you can figure out by reading the
code.

There's also an old post to the MUD-Dev list about such a project:

        http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/1998Q4/msg00138.php

but I have no knowledge other than seeing it in a Google search.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org