[NEWBIE] Escaping (') from strings

From: Artovil (artovil@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 09/01/01

Hello,

Can anyone please help me out a little?  I am currently putting in MySQL
into my mud, and everything works just fine for the loads, since all my
data is correctly put into the tables and everything, but when I save down
stuff the queries fubar since I haven't escaped (').  If some kind soul out
there could throw together some nice mailer code for me I'd be forever
grateful.  I tried playing a little with prune_crlf and other such
functions, but those don't work when I want to replace one char with two
chars, then I get this message:

warning: multi-character character constant
warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion

I don't know how to do it properly.

Strings and pointers and all what its called is not my strong side.

Regards,
/Artovil