Re: [NEWBIE] Escaping (') from strings

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 09/01/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "Artovil" <artovil@ARCANEREALMS.ORG>

> Can anyone please help me out a little?  I am currently putting in MySQL
> into my mud, and everything works just fine for the loads, since all my
> data is correctly put into the tables and everything, but when I save down
> stuff the queries fubar since I haven't escaped (').

Actually, I posted some code just the other day that could probably be
easily adapted to this task.  (string_to_store, store_to_string) I'm not
very familiar with MySQL, but I know that Postgres SQL has a function for
translating strings back and forth.  I'd look for that before writing my
own.

Mike