Re: [CRASH BUG] GenOLC: add_room (more info)

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 09/14/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick O'Laughlin" <pmolaughlin@HOME.COM>

> 0x80811f6 in add_room (room=0xbffff3f0) at genwld.c:66
> 61            /* Copy the room over now. */
> 62            world[i] = world[i - 1];
> 63
> 64            /* People in this room must have their in_rooms moved up
one.
> */
> 65            for (tch = world[i].people; tch; tch = tch->next_in_room)
> 66              IN_ROOM(tch) += (IN_ROOM(tch) != NOWHERE);
--snip--
> Does anyone have any ideas why this would be happening? I can't think of
any
> reason why it would be crashing on that line.

It would crash on that line if tch is invalid.  This could be due to a
completely unrelated problem.  The "people" list is manipulated during
player/mob movement, death, etc.  Check any recent changes to that code, or
any recently added mob procs.  You might be able to check whether "i" or
"tch" have reasonable values.  For example, "i" should not be greater than
the total number of rooms.

Mike