Re: Actually using Charisma

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 10/15/01

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Zizazat Lazuras wrote:

>>~10% at the most either way, for both buying and selling.  Think it's >too
>>much or too little?  Perhaps I should factor in the charisma of the
>>shopkeeper too...hmmm.
>
>I would think a range of 20% in either direction would be acceptable.

10% buy/sell is sort of 20%, if you consider that they get 10% more for
selling to the shopkeeper and pay 10% less when buying from the shopkeeper.

>I am not so good with formulas, but you should absolutly take the
>shopkeepers charisma into account somehow.

Not that I expect many of them to have it set properly, but yes, I will.

>>Other changes:
>
>Another thing that I am planning to do with Chrisma is to have it affect
>aggressive mobs, so that if you pass a Chrisma check an aggressive mob will
>pass on you this time around...

That's one thing I doubt I'll do.  Rampaging rhino don't really care.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org