affect_total problems

From: Jesper Röjestål (rk@aradja.com)
Date: 10/28/01

hello, couldn't find what i searched for in the archives, so i'll ask here..
i am having trouble with the affect_total routine and wonder if anyone
has any snipplet/patch/junk for this...
i use races and some stats are above 18 and i've been scratching my head
off to fix this.
the problem is: how do i do to get affect_total to set aff_abils not
over the real_abils
and still have stradd calculated properly, currently when you are at
19str and get an -2str affect
your str will drop to 17 not 18(90), please someone help me with this,
before i scratch all my hair of my head...