Re: Time in prompts -

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 11/08/01

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Daniel A. Koepke wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, George Greer wrote:
>
>> Oooh. Room bugs. Of the microphone variety. That I could see the
>> server doing.  The 'bug' itself would probably be an item you hide
>> somehow, whether on yourself or in an inconspicuous corpse..
>
>Well, there's a thought.  But that should be implemented as a special
>procedure catching 'say'.

Then everybody wanders around with the equivalent of:

  alias say ": says, '$*'"

Depends on how correct you want your bug to be, I suppose. Not that I'm all
that fond of the various problems emote brings up. Making it an item would
take more work to intercept all messages but people would be able to pick
up or steal the bug.

If you wanted a "snoop room" sort of effect, then you might make it a
non-detectable mobile.  Mass spells would still hit it, but would a 'bug'
seriously survive a meteor swarm anyway?  Not that any other items have a
realistic damage model.

Hm, "snoop room" sounds like an interesting command.  Makes me want to give
each room an output queue, where everything in that room then gets the
output instead of just being per thing inside.  sigh

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org