Re: [newbie] ASCII pfiles problem

From: Cathy Gore (cheron@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 11/14/01

> We had installed the 2.0 version of Sammy's? ASCII pfiles patch and had
> problems with saving the last login and host to the files.  Searching on
<--SNIP-->
Jason and I took care of this last night and figured it out.  For those wondering, he was running a bpl17, and did not have the lovely enter_player_game function.  In nanny, case 1, just before sending the welcome message to the character these lines were added:

  if (d->character->player_specials->host) {
    free(d->character->player_specials->host);
    d->character->player_specials->host = NULL;
  }
  d->character->player_specials->host = str_dup(d->host);
  save_char(d->character, NOWHERE);

nowhere in his code was it copying the host from the descriptor to the character.

-Cheron
Co-Impl, Arcane Realms