[newbie] ASCII pfiles problem

From: JM Stoneman (colby7698@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/13/01

We had installed the 2.0 version of Sammy's? ASCII pfiles patch and had
problems with saving the last login and host to the files.  Searching on the
site, we found and corrected the problem with the login time, but cannot
find anything on the problem with the host info not saving.  Is this also
something that occurred with everyone, or is it a problem that just we are
having?

Being a chemist and not a programmer by trade I can only guess that for some
reason the host string is not being read in and the check for null before
the write is returning true.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason