Re: Memory corruption in file_to_string and file_to_string_alloc?

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 11/13/01

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Mike Breuer wrote:

>Well, if we're talking about fixing the stock code, I would actually
>recommend the two previously mentioned changes in modify.c, and then
>going through and changing the places where showstr_count was used in
>conditionals to instead test for showstr_vector == NULL.  A quick grep
>revealed only about 4-5 places that would need to be checked/updated.

As long as we guarantee that showstr_count > 0 is in pager I don't see a
reason for the code to change.  Testing either item that should be
synchronized results in the same thing when all goes properly. If it
doesn't go properly, well, doesn't help to randomly fail because some
places test one variable and others test another.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org