Re: do_advance again...

From: Grimau Lysik'an (grimau_lysikan@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/21/01

I wouldn't think of demoting as "rolling back the clock", unless that is
what the original poster meant (I've forgotten the original details).
I've implemented it as:
  lose enough exp to be within the range of the new level (die roll
determines where within the range)
  lose ability to use any skills not within the new level
  lose a % of gold
  lose same die roll of hit points you would gain in going up. Same for mana
& move. (the die is rolled, not the remembered values).

So a demoted player may be better or worse off than they were the last time
they were at that level.