Re: send_to_char()

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 11/25/01

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Artovil wrote:

>At 09:26 2001-11-25 -0800, George greer wrote:
>>PS: A little over one month until send_to_char() gets variable arguments
>>and its parameters flipped. Have you changed yours yet?
>
>Oh, that was what was on my todo list.  Uhm, where is patch?

http://www.circlemud.org/~greerga/working/RIPbuffer.patch (~480kB)

1) send_to_char(buf, ch) -> send_to_char(ch, format, ...)
2) buf, buf1, buf2, arg -- die.
3) mudlog(1, 2, 3, 4) -> mudlog(2, 3, 4, 1, ...)

It's quite intrusive so I highly discourage any automated patching attempts
unless you haven't modified your code a lot.

NOTE: I don't guarantee that patch will remain unchanged until I actually
commit it to the CircleMUD base code.  I still need to do my final run
through the code to make sure I didn't do anything stupid or miss a change.

On the bright side, -Wshadow almost works. Still need to fix 'number()'.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org