Crashing with prompt errors.

From: David Cole (tiznor@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/29/01

Well for some odd reason I'm having a prblem with my prompt code AGAIN, heh,
this time, it only seems to crash when an immortal (god character) battles a
mob, and only crashes the mud when the mob gets to awful, other then that it
works great for mortal characters, my prompt code is rather big, so i cannot
include the whole thing in the file, but i can show some of the things that
debug points to and what its saying in the debug:

It's complaining about the GET_NAME(FIGHTING(d->character) in this part:

    if (PRF_FLAGGED(d->character, PRF_ENEMY) && FIGHTING(d->character)) {
 if (CAN_SEE(d->character, FIGHTING(d->character))) { /* <----- This line
here.. I don't see a problem. */
    sprintf(prompt + strlen(prompt), " E: %s ",
GET_NAME(FIGHTING(d->character)));
 } else
 sprintf(prompt + strlen(prompt), " E: Someone ");
 }

Also while trying to goto page two in a help file entrie, like help test123
which is over 25 page line, after hitting return to goto the next page, it
does not show the next page, instead it returns a bunch of these:

ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ
It fills the screen for 1024 lines or there abouts, honestly have no idea
why this is doing this.

Also in the debug window in MSVC++ 6.0 it returns the above Ì's ins ome
fields, which i do not know, I will need to crash the mud again and find
where it print these Ì's.

If someone could please help me solve this problem i would be greatful.

Thanks in advance,
Dave