Re: CircleMUD Questions

From: The Arrow (arrow@pileborg.org)
Date: 01/07/02

As the author of the Lua snippet there are a few things I would like to say.

First of all, the snippet is unmaintained, and the version of Lua included
is very outdated (it is version 2.5, and 4.1 alpha has been released).
It was also made for a quite old patchlevel of CircleMUD, which means that a
lot of hand-patching have to be made.

The other thing I want to say is that allthough it has been tested, no
production mud (that I know of) uses that system, not even my own muds.

I have been thinking of updating it to the latest patchlevel, and latest Lua
version. Unfortunatly I never took the time to do it. If I would do it now,
I would probably start all over, while trying to keep it as compatible as
possible while making it more flexible.

If there is anyone needing help with the snippet, just send me a line.

/ Joachim
The Arrow                                   http://pileborg.org/~arrow/
Joachim Pileborg                        Arrow @ ptmud.pileborg.org 1111