Re: IMMGossip and Newbie command

From: Karl B Buchner (zerker@juno.com)
Date: 01/08/02

> Anyways I wanted to add a IMMGossip command and A newbie one but I'm
> not
> sure where i can find gossip so I can copy and modify it to it.. its
> not in
> act.comm.c.

for the IMMGossip...its already in stock, its called wiznet...
as for the newbie channel, look in do_gen_comm
you would have to add an array entry like

{"You cannot newbiechat!\r\n",
      "newbiechat",
      "You aren't even on the channel!\r\n",
    KYEL}

change
if (GET_LEVEL(ch) < level_can_shout)
if (GET_LEVEL(ch) < level_can_shout && subcmd != SCMD_NEWBIE)
because we don't want a minimum level for newbiechat (that's the whole
point, right?)

then in interpreter, add
{ "newbiechat"   , POS_SLEEPING, do_gen_comm , 0, SCMD_NEWBIE },
I'll leave it to you to figure out where to put the #define for
SCMD_NEWBIE
(I don't feel like looking it up, but i'll masquarade it as trying to
help you learn)

Blaize